Managed Service providers complement in-house IT staff efforts by addressing routine tasks that allow in-house staff to handle more pressing strategic business-related technology issues.
In contrast, a break/fix approach only addresses technology issues when there is a device or system failure that results in downtime and productivity loss.
The benefits of Managed Services are:
- Improves productivity by increasing system performance and stability,
- Provides the organization access to diverse technical skillsets on-demand and affordably,
- Frees up in house IT staff to focus on strategic business-related IT initiatives,
- Frees up executives to focus on their organization’s core competencies,
- Stabilizes technology spending and reduces unplanned expenses,
- Encourages midterm and long-term technology planning