Mainstream is seeking candidates for a full-time Cyber Security Analyst position for our Conway or Little Rock office. Working from home is available, but you must be located in the central Arkansas area as we have to go to client locations from time to time. Some travel within the state is expected.
Mainstream Technologies is a provider of Managed Cyber Security and Managed Information Technology Services for small and medium businesses. Our clients outsource their IT needs to us allowing them to focus on their core business. The Cyber Security Analyst works with our suite of security tools to help customers understand their cyber security risks and how to lower the overall security risks to their company.
- Provide quality customer service with excellent communication skills
- Perform security assessments utilizing Mainstreams suite of tools including review of client policy and procedures as part of those assessments
- Create, deliver, and explain reports on cyber risk for clients from our various security platforms.
- Setup, configure and maintain cyber security tools and platforms including vulnerability management, Managed Detection, and Response, File Integrity Monitoring, and User Awareness Training.
- Maintain asset discovery for clients regarding cyber security. You can’t protect it if you do not know it is there.
- Handle detection alerts, threat analysis, triage, and remediation
- Analyze and evaluate anomalous network and system activity
- Partner with other Technology Team members to provide advice or solutions within his or her area of expertise.
- Handle vulnerability remediations for customers
- Handle escalations from other team members and provide guidance for resolution
- Stay informed and consume threat intelligence
- Stay up-to-date and evaluate cybersecurity trends, evolving threats, risks, and vulnerabilities
- Assist with containment of threats and remediation of the environment during or after an incident
- Creating and maintaining documentation
- Be able to travel to client locations when required
- Understanding of dependency identification processes in technology work, able to independently verify information, and carefully review and check the accuracy of own work
- Look for and seize opportunities to do more or to do things better.
- Perform other job duties as directed by Employee’s Leaders
- Initiative and a personal interest in Information Technology Security
- 3+ years of IT-related work dealing with some aspect of security
- Ability to demonstrate strong knowledge of computer security concepts
- People skills and the ability to communicate effectively with various clients with the ability to explain and elaborate on technical details
- BA/BS degree in Engineering, Computer science, Information Security, Information Systems, or equivalent related work experience
- Demonstrated analytical expertise, close attention to detail, excellent critical thinking, logic, and solution orientation and to learn and adapt quickly
- Expert Knowledge of Windows desktop and server operating systems including file system and registry functions
- Advanced Knowledge of active directory and Group Policy
- Understanding TCP/IP communications & knowledge of how common protocols and applications work at the network level, including DNS, HTTP, and SMB
- Reliable transportation and ability to work in the office as needed
- Security certifications such as CISSP, CISM, OSCP, CCSP, CEH, etc
- Experience with Vulnerability scanning and remediation
- Experience with a SIEM platform
- Knowledge of encryption protocols and cipher suites
- An advanced understanding of current threats and trends present in the Information Security and Technology field
- Good understanding of Linux use and Linux administration
- Knowledge of computer programming languages and scripting languages
About Mainstream Technologies
Our broad technology experience gives our clients an edge in the marketplace. That valuable experience is built from our diverse employees and unmatched integrity. Since 1996 we have relentlessly focused on delivering results for our clients while building the most talented team possible. The combined experience of Mainstream’s leadership team is unparalleled in the industry.
As with any fast-growing and successful business, we are always looking for quality people. Experience, technical expertise, and industry knowledge are all key ingredients. In addition, we look for strong business ethics, integrity, and a winning ‘can-do’ attitude. We are people who enjoy our work and seek out challenges. We thrive on being innovative in our approach, while always efficient and effective with our client’s investment.
Mainstream recognizes the value of non-compensation benefits to associates and their families. The company supports associates by offering a comprehensive and competitive benefits program.
- Safe Harbor 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Matching
- Annual Profit Sharing
- Employer paid Medical Insurance (employee only)
- Employer paid Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Dental, Vision & Supplemental Insurance Plans
- 2 Weeks Annual Paid Vacation
- 8 Additional Hours Personal/Sick Leave Every 10 weeks
- Paid Holidays & Flex Time
Competitive Pay & Weekly Payroll