Cyber Security Analyst Lead
Mainstream is seeking candidates for a full-time Cyber Security Analyst Lead position for our Conway or Little Rock office.
Mainstream Technologies is a provider of Managed Cyber Security and Managed Information Technology Services for small and medium businesses. Our clients outsource their IT needs to us allowing them to focus on their core business. The Cyber Security Analyst works with our suite of security tools to help customers understand their cybersecurity risks and how to lower the overall security risks to their company.
- Provide quality customer service with excellent communication skills
- Perform security assessments utilizing Mainstreams suite of tools including review of client policy and procedures as part of those assessments
- Create, deliver and explain reports on cyber risk for clients from various security platforms.
- Oversee SIEM detection threat analysis, triage, and remediation. Analyze and evaluate anomalous network and system activity
- Setup and configure cybersecurity tools and platforms including vulnerability management, SIEM, File Integrity monitoring, User Awareness Training.
- Partner with other Technology Team members to provide advice or solutions within his or her area of expertise.
- Handle vulnerability remediations for customers
- Handle escalations from other team members and provide guidance for resolution
- Stay informed and consume threat intelligence. Stay up-to-date and evaluate cybersecurity trends, evolving threats, risks, and vulnerabilities
- Assist with the containment of threats and remediation of the environment during or after an incident
- Maintain asset discovery for clients in regard to cybersecurity. You can’t protect it if you do not know it is there.
- Creating and maintaining documentation
- Be able to travel to client locations when required
- Understanding of dependency identification processes in technology work, able to independently verify the information and carefully review and check the accuracy of own work
- Look for and seize opportunities to do more or to do things better.
- Perform other job duties as directed by Employee’s Leaders
- Initiative and a personal interest in Information Technology Security
- 5+ years of IT related work dealing with some aspect of security
- Ability to demonstrate strong knowledge of computer security concepts
- People skills and the ability to communicate effectively with various clients with the ability to explain and elaborate on technical details
- BA/BS degree in Engineering, Computer science, Information Security, Information Systems or related work experience
- Demonstrated analytical expertise, close attention to detail, excellent critical thinking, logic, and solution orientation and to learn and adapt quickly
- Expert Knowledge of Windows desktop and server operating systems including file system and registry functions
- Advanced Knowledge of active directory
- Understanding TCP/IP communications & knowledge of how common protocols and applications work at the network level, including DNS, HTTP, and SMB
- Security certifications such as CISSP, CISM, OSCP, CCSP, CEH, etc
- Experience with Vulnerability scanning and remediation
- Experience with a SIEM platform
- Knowledge of encryption protocols and cipher suites
- An advanced understanding of current threats and trends present in the Information Security and Technology field
- Good understanding of Linux use and Linux administration
- Knowledge of computer programming languages and scripting languages.
- 2 weeks paid vacation annually
- Comp Time
- Relaxed dress code when working from MTI offices
- 401k with match
- Paid sick time
- Paid health insurance for employee