Sharing the info, security happenings in the last week
Most of us do not see the activity going on in the world of security/hacking because it does not make the TV/Radio news. Here is a sample of what’s happened in the last week to give you an idea of how much activity there is. And this is not a comprehensive list.
I am sharing this to show you that there is a lot going on around us that we may not know about. We all have to stay vigilant at work and at home as well as share with our children and families how to be safe and think about actions online.
Note: these are all from the last 6 days. Some are good news such as arrests being made, others are bad.
- **Fake Coronavirus Messages Spreading Emotet Infections (this one catches a lot of people off-guard because it leverages emotion)
- Maze Ransomware Hits French Construction Company
- Tillamook County Will Negotiate with Hackers for Decryption Key
- City of Racine, Wisconsin Hit with Ransomware
- TVEyes Target of Ransomware Attack
- Australian Freight Company Suffers Cyberattack
- Six Arrested in Connection with Maltese Bank Cyberattack
- Raytheon Engineer Arrested for Taking Laptop with Missile Data to China
- Hackers Insert Themselves in eMail Conversation, Steal Payment in Fine Art Sale
- NEC Acknowledges December 2016 Breach (and it’s over 3 years later)
- APT34 Targeting US Company Through Spear Phishing eMail
- Hackers are Hijacking Vulnerable Smart Building Access Systems to Launch DDoS Attacks
- EKANS Ransomware seen Also Killing ICS Processes
- Some US Emergency Alert Systems Remain Unpatched Years After Fix Released
- DoppelPaymer Ransomware Gang Threatens to Dump Victims’ Data (current tactic if you do not pay ransom)
- YouTube Takes Steps to Stop Spread of Election Disinformation
- California Man Pleads Guilty to Hacking Nintendo
- TA505 APT Group Returns With New Techniques: Report
- AlphaBay Moderator Pleads Guilty to Racketeering Charge (Darkweb Marketplace)
- Wawa’s Stolen Payment Cards Are Now for Sale online
- Scammers are blackmailing users of infidelity-focused dating site Ashley Madison using leaked data from 2015
- 6 Suspects Arrested in Maltese Bank Hacking Heist
Director of Security Services
Mainstream Technologies Inc.